Monday 30 June 2014

US Army models


Arriving this week is the US Army HQ Staff car Oldsmobile 88, #358, which is quite sought after and not cheap. I suppose there may not be that many in our British children's collections and most went across The Pond. Indeed, this one has come from the United States! 

The US Army range was never matched in that era by anything for Britain. We had some RAF Landrovers and an RAF Standard Vanguard Staff car but that's about it. I have in immaculate condition and with boxes the US Army Landrovers #357 and the mysterious #500. I have yet to figure out where they differ and am so worried I will return each to the other's box one day! The #500 is extremely rare and one of my most expensive models.


500

357




1 comment:

  1. I have never been able to discern any other difference other than what box they appeared in.

    ReplyDelete