Wednesday 3 June 2015

Jaguar Mk X in silver


Another item from a collector in the States who has been selling some lovely models at very reasonable prices. For a long time I actually wondered whether there actually existed a Jaguar Mk X in silver but eventually a few started to appear, all with very high price tags, however.

It looks good in this colour, far better than the early pale green and pale blue. I had a pale green version and even in the 1960s thought it wasn't quite right! I do wish I'd kept it, though, as it is one of the cars I am still looking for. They are not as expensive or scarce as the silver but still fetching good money, as are the slightly more easily found blue ones I also need.

Then there will be the deep turquoise one and the seemingly very rare dark red metallic edition too but I don't hold out much hope of being able to afford either of those unless I am very fortunate again.


No comments:

Post a Comment